We all love our pets and we are always willing to do anything to keep them happy. Spoiling them with delicious treats and snacks is one of the best things about having a pet or furry friends around. But if you are like most pet owners, you also know that dog treats tend to go stale quickly.
Keeping those snacks fresh and healthy for as long as possible should be one of your biggest priorities. A great place where you can place all the dog treats together is an ideal way to do this. Let’s explore the best dog treat containers on the market and know what to look for when shopping for one.
Dog treat containers provide a place to store treats and keep them fresh over time. They are a better alternative to bags because they hold up well over time and can make it easier to find and distribute your pet’s favorite treats.
Benefits of Dog Treat Containers
- Having the treats in a separate container means less mess for you and your pet in the end.
- Compared to a bag, containers can easily be opened. You can simply lift up a lid using one hand, rather than having to fumble with a zipper or tie.
- You can keep track of how many treats you give your dog as opposed to just giving them whatever is left from a bag.
- You can spend quality time with your dog. You can also use the doggie treat jar for positive reinforcement training.
- It keeps out bacteria and germs that may otherwise be present when treats are left open on countertops or tables
- It is convenient to carry and can easily be transported
- Jars are stylish and can be used to match your dog’s breed or even complement the décor of your home.
With so many options for a dog treat jar here are the key factors you’ll want to keep in mind when choosing the best.
Choose a size that is big enough to hold all the treats your dog will need, but not so big that it takes up too much space.
When selecting a dog treat container, be sure to choose one that’s made from durable materials and can be easily cleaned. Glass or ceramic is a good option if you’re looking for something that’s both durable and stylish. However, plastic may be a better choice if you’re looking for something that’s more budget-friendly.
If you want to level up your pets’ snacks storage, there are collections of personalized dog treat canisters you can choose from. It would be more fun to choose one with a design that will match your pet’s breed.
Portability and Capacity
Choose a dog treats canister that you can conveniently carry anywhere you go. Too big or small may be tough enough to take care of all your pet’s snacks. If your dog tends to be messy when eating treats, look for a container that is easy to clean.
Value for Money
It is important to consider the price and quality of a dog snack container when buying one. The cheaper containers may not be durable enough for your pup’s meals so make sure you get something that will last.
1. Store treats and snacks in a cool, dry place. Too much heat or moisture can spoil the nutrients. Promptly refrigerate or throw out unused or leftover canned and pouched pet food. Freezing will help preserve their freshness and prevent bugs or other critters from entering them.
2. Follow the specific instructions on the packaging. If you have opened a bag of pet snacks, it’s important to reseal it tightly after each use. This will help prevent pests from getting into the food and spoiling it.
2. Keep the snacks and treats in a sleek, portable dog treat container. Dog treat canisters are the perfect solution for on-the-go feeding. Not only will your pet love being able to snack on their food whenever they want, but you’ll appreciate how easy it is to keep their food organized and accessible.
3. Label the container with the date of purchase. This will help you keep track of expiration dates so you can throw the pet snacks away before they become unfit for consumption.
4. Rotate the stock every few months to ensure that you’re using the oldest food first.
5. If you have a large quantity of pet food, consider splitting it up into smaller containers for easier storage.
6. Treats should always be kept in an airtight container. Plastic bags aren’t ideal for storing food because they allow too much air inside, which causes the treats to go stale quickly. They also don’t protect against insects or rodents.
Tips for Cleaning Your Dog Treat Container
If you use the same treat container over and over again, bacteria and mold will eventually accumulate. This could cause health issues for your dog such as stomach problems. Keeping them clean is important to your pet’s health. Below is a list of steps that you can follow in order to effectively clean your dog snack container.
- Remove every trace of food. You may need to use a soft brush to scrub off any dried-on food.
- Clean with hot, soapy water.
- Fill the container up with hot water, add another splash of vinegar
- Let it sit for 20 minutes and shake vigorously for 20 seconds.
- Clean the lid and rubber seal.
- Pipe cleaners will help you reach hard-to-reach places.
- Use baking soda and sprinkle in some cayenne pepper for stubborn smells.
- Rinse thoroughly with hot water to remove the smell of vinegar.
- Let it sit upside down to air dry completely before adding fresh treats.
Great Dog Food Containers Lead to Happy, Healthy Pets
When all is said and done, there’s no better way to pamper your pets than with some healthy, fresh, and delicious snacks. Properly storing your pet’s snacks using the best dog treat container is essential to keeping them healthy and happy. With proper care, your dog treat jar will provide years of enjoyment for both you and your pet. Have you had success with any other methods for storing pet food? Let us know in the comments below.