Our resident bearded baker Mr Mom’s shares one of his favourite brownie recipes, this recipe is for Smoking Pig Licker Brownies. Time to mix pork with cocoa.
This is our recipe for Smokin’ Pig Licker Brownies, they are a porker!…
Smokin’ Pig Licker Brownies
125g Streaky bacon, finely chopped
2 tsp maple syrup
185g unsalted butter 185g, cubed
185g 70% cocoa dark chocolate, broken into pieces
275g caster sugar
85g plain flour
50g cocoa powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp mild chilli powder
50g 70% cocoa dark chocolate chunks
5 Streaky bacon rashers, each cut into 4
30g dark chocolate
Sea salt flakes
- Set your oven to 180C/gas mark 4 and line a deep 12″x9″ baking tray with baking parchment.
- Fry the bacon in a pan until just starting to crisp.
- Add the maple syrup and fry until a shade browner and crisper.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (or bain-marie), stirring occasionally. Once melted, remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Beat the eggs and sugar until the mixture is thickened and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, smoked paprika and chilli powder.
- Fold the cooled chocolate mixture into the egg mixture.
- Sieve in the dry ingredients, and fold together.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks and bacon pieces until well combined. You may need to break up the bacon pieces as they may have stuck together while cooling.
- Pour your mixture into the lined tray and gently spread to level the surface.
- Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes, then leave to cool completely in the tin before cutting into squares.
- To decorate, place the larger bacon pieces in the frying pan and cook until crisp. Remove and leave to cool.
- Melt the remaining chocolate in a microwave on short bursts.
- Coat the bacon pieces one at a time in the melted chocolate. Place a bacon piece on top of each brownie and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Leave to set, then serve.