When one is able to think clearly and calmly, they are able to make proper decisions and carry on with their lives smoothly. However, this feeling is usually short-lived if the person is suffering from excruciating pain due to a migraine. That clarity that one needs to function properly is destroyed with a strong headache. It is one thing to have occasional headaches and another to have frequent headaches affecting your ability to think, sleep and get on with your day. If you are someone who suffers from migraine headaches and is looking for effective treatment options, try chiropractor for headaches.
How do I get to know whether I am really suffering from a Migraine Headache or just an occasional one?
To treat migraine headaches, it is important to be able to spot the signs. When a migraine starts, one usually faces a few common symptoms and including:
- Pounding or throbbing sensation in the head
- You are able to localize the headache to one side of your head
- You get particularly irritated by bright lights and loud noises
How can a Chiropractor help?
Even though many people take prescription medications to treat and prevent migraines, a chiropractor can help you in a number of ways. It is because researchers believe headaches are caused by circulation, muscle-related, and nervous system issues, and that is where a chiropractor can be helpful. It is very effective in decreasing the severity of symptoms and even reducing the frequency of headache episodes.
- Stress is one of the major migraine triggers. Chiropractic care can help you prevent migraine attacks by lowering stress levels in your body.
- Your chiropractor can also do spinal manipulation that impacts the flow of blood through the central nervous system. Even the research states that spinal adjustments can actually help in migraine treatment.
- Migraines can originate from the spine; misalignment of the subluxation and vertebrae can irritate the nerves which travel the length of the spine all the way to the brain. A chiropractor uses a series of spinal adjustments to impact the way nerves send signals throughout the brain.
- If you are sick and tired of popping pills that don’t give the desired result, chiropractor therapy can work. Unlike medications, chiropractor therapy doesn’t come with complications and side effects.
Along with chiropractic treatments, you should also try other methods as well:
- Relax: Relaxation techniques like breathing exercises, meditation, mindfulness, etc., can reduce stress which is thought to be a common migraine trigger.
- Sweat it out: Sweating it out, be it in the gym or at your park, is one of the great ways to relieve any tension blocking your nerves. Just remember, you don’t have to run a marathon, but do so in order to feel relaxed. If you cannot, run, take a nice nature walk or take a yoga class.
- Drink up: One-third patients of with migraine say that it was the dehydration that trigger migraine in them. So, be sure to keep your water intake higher than usual.
- At last, keeping a headache diary could help you in a number of ways. Record the time and intensity of your migraine episodes; it will help you see what particular episode triggered a migraine attack.
Do you know Migraines are the 3rd most prevalent illness in the world? That means one out of every eight people worldwide suffers from migraine headaches. You may think that you have to take prescription medications in order to treat your migraine headaches, but that is not always the case. It is very important to treat migraine as it is not just you but your family members who equally suffer from it. Chiropractic treatments are considered to be safe if performed by a legit licensed chiropractor.