Exercise is a very important part of leading a healthy lifestyle. While this article is being written, the world is still dealing with the SARS-CoV-19 crisis. At this time, no vaccine has been developed, and the only advice our governments have given us is to stay at home, socially distant, and exercise. Many people have been very negligent with their bodies, but this is no longer acceptable. By not exercising and by not treating your body well, you are putting yourself at risk, and not only yourself, but those around you. Exercise is something we must all start doing if we haven’t been.
This article will hope to tell you how you can choose comfortable [and stylish] workout clothes so that while exercising, you are comfortable and able to focus on your exercise, rather than your clothing. Comfortable exercise clothes cannot be stressed enough, for if you are not comfortable, and if your clothes are ill-fitting, you will be more concerned with your clothes tearing or your movement being restricted than you will be with your exercise.
But, with this page, that will no longer be a problem, for you will now be able to choose comfortable and stylish workout clothes successfully.
Let’s get into it, shall we?
Choose Fabrics Suited to Workouts
Some fabrics are designed to draw sweat away from your skin during exercise, whereas other fabrics absorb your sweat. Because of this, it is important you choose the right fabric, lest your workout be a sweaty, damp mess.
- Cotton is not a very good fabric for you to exercise in, for cotton absorbs your sweat and it does not evaporate fast enough. Because of this, cotton workout clothes will weigh you down when you are exercising. Many say cotton is the best fabric, but we here disagree. It’s best to opt, in most cases, for synthetics;
- Breathable synthetic fabrics, as mentioned in the last point, keep the sweat away from your skin, which means it can evaporate far quicker and cool your body down. Fabrics containing polypropylene are a good option when shopping for workout clothes, especially if you sweat a lot;
- Breathability in fabrics is very important, as we have already mentioned twice now. You should never purchase workout clothes that are composed of fabrics that do not breathe. Rubber or plastic-based materials are best avoided, for they keep the sweat from evaporating and raise your body temperature, which can be uncomfortable, and in some cases, dangerous.
Make Sure They Fit!
When buying clothes to exercise with, one of the most important things we can tell you is to make sure that they fit! You would be surprised to find out just how many people wear ill-fitting clothes during exercise, and because of this, their exercise and progress is hindered.
- When choosing clothes for exercise, you should choose loose clothes, but clothes that fit you. There are clothes specifically designed for yoga, which you may be able to wear. Yoga is an ancient form of exercise that, according to the fitness specialists of EvolveFitWear.com, can help you to maintain strength and stability in your body. Yoga is an exercise that requires a lot of movement and stretching, and because of this, the clothes made for yoga are perfect for all types of exercise because of the freedom of movement offered by them. You should give yoga clothes serious consideration;
- Whichever clothes you do choose, whether they are yoga clothes or not, you must ensure that they do not restrict your movement at all. The reason for this is that if they do, there is the potential that they could rip or tear during exercise, which may be very embarrassing. Choosing the correct athletic underwear is also important, to help you stay comfortable while working out.
It is very important that when selecting exercise clothes, that you select clothes suited to the season that you are in. If you exercise outdoors and do a lot of fitness or outdoor sports, you will want to dress according to the temperature.
- Hot weather can be the hardest to dress for, and it is very important that during the summer months that you wear clothes that move sweat away from your body and are cool and comfortable. If you overdress, or if you wear clothes not suited to the summer months, you can actually make yourself quite unwell and may experience heatstroke. You do not want to overheat during exercise, for it is dangerous;
- During the colder, winter months, you will want to dress warmly, but not warm enough that when you are exercising your body begins to overheat. You will want to regulate your temperature and keep it reasonably warm, but not too hot. For an outdoor exercise in winter, keep clothes that push sweat away on your inner-layers, and insulate on your outer layers;
- Wet weather can really put a dampener, on your workout. For wet and windy weather, dress appropriately. By this, we mean to wear a raincoat [not a heavy, baggy one], and clothes that will not allow you to get soaked down to the bone.
Colours and Design
With regard to trendy and stylish exercise clothes, it is important to remember that trends change every week. It is best to opt for darker exercise clothes, as darker clothes tend to stay relevant. If you choose bright, pastel-colored exercise clothes, they are far more likely to show age and go out of fashion a lot quicker than darker, more neutral colours. Try to avoid huge, distracting logos on your exercise clothes; minimalistic exercise clothes are best.
Don’t Be Fooled by Designer Brands
Many major exercise clothing brands are poorly made and will not offer you the best clothing for your exercise. Do not be fooled by brand names, and rather, do your research and find out who offers the best of the best. Buying a branded piece of exercise clothing that is not of good quality is silly. Shop effectively and always research which brand has the best.
With the help of this page, you should now know a few ways in which to choose exercise clothing. It is important that we all begin exercising, and with this page, you will be one step closer to doing that. Good luck!