The mouthwatering meals we pay for at our favorite joints are not prepared in a magical kitchen. With the right ingredients and procedures, you can prepare beautiful meals right from your home without spending much. Below are simple recipes for a whole family that will leave them asking for more!
1. Herb Butter Filet Mignon
Filet mignon is the French name for steaks made from the tender most cuts of beef. You can use these filets to make an amazing meal right from your kitchen. As you will notice from this site, this amazing recipe is healthier and more delicious when grass-fed organic beef is used. Here’s how to make Herb butter filet mignon.
· Filet Mignon 2 steaks
· Butter – 2 Tbsp
· Olive Oil
· Fresh Organic Rosemary (4 springs)
· Fresh Organic Thyme (4 springs)
· Salt & Pepper (to taste)
1. Apply a light coat of olive to your filets, generously seasoning with salt and pepper.
2. Put fresh rosemary and thyme in a pan, add butter and melt it over medium-high heat.
3. Sear both sides of your filets for 5-6 minutes and 3-4 minutes respectively, basting them with herb butter periodically.
4. Remove them from the stove and let them rest for 5-10 minutes.
2. Vanilla Pancakes
This is another amazing recipe you can get creative in your kitchen with. These pancakes can be delicious treats for breakfast or brunch. Here is how:
· Instant yeast
· 250g flour
· 2 eggs
· 250ml milk
· Vanilla essence
1. Add all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix them. After a fine mix, add the remaining ingredients and whisk them mixture gently.
2. On medium heat, put your pan and use a measuring cup to determine the amount of paste to put in the pan. Once you have put the paste in the pan, spread it evenly. When the top side dries up, flip, add a little oil, and watch until the other side is cooked.
3. Repeat the procedure for all the pancakes. You can add some toppings (optional) and serve them hot.
3. Braised Beef with Dried Cherry
Braising entails a slow simmer of about 3 hours that will make the meat soft and tender. The dry cherries provide a joyful burst, which will marry well with the beef on every chew. The number of your ingredients will be determined by the size of your family.
· A pinch of dry thyme
· 3 bay leaves
· Beef stock
· 2 white onions
· 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
· Dried cherries
· Whole garlic chopped and crushed
· Grounded black paper
· A pinch of Salt
· 1kg cubed cut beef stew
· Olive oil
1. In a bowl, mix the flour, salt, and pepper. Add the beef, tossing and turning it until each piece is coated evenly.
2. Over medium heat, place your pot, put oil, and allow the oil to heat. Place the coated beef in the pan for 30 seconds just for it to get the brown color. After you have done that to all the beef, put it aside.
Put onions in the pot and sauté it for approx 3 minutes. Add the crushed garlic and sauté it till it gives a cooked aroma. Add the bottle of wine and stir. When it comes to a boil, add the remaining ingredients and leave the mixture to boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 3 hours, giving it frequent checks and stirs.
3. Serve with pasta, white rice, or mashed potatoes.
4. Spiced Lentil Burgers
· Vegetable oil
· Red onions
· Garlic paste
· Curry powder
· White wine
· Tomato slices
· Coriander leaves
· Seeded burger buns
1. Place a pan on your stove on medium heat and add the onions plus a pinch of salt until soft. Add ginger, curry powder, and garlic paste. After they are well cooked, put them in a side dish.
2. Blend the lentils but not for long since we do not want it smooth. Put in the pan that had the onions previously, add seasoning, and mix. Add the flour and whisk. With your hands slightly wet, divide the mixture into four equal parts, then refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Take the onions you put aside and place them in a bowl. Pour boiled water to cover the onions then leave for 5 minutes. Drain the water; add vinegar, and some seasoning.
4. Place a pan on medium heat and cook the lentils on both sides until they’re caramelized. Put them on the base of each bun. Place the mango chutney, tomato slice, lettuce leaves, the pickled onions, coriander leaves, and another bun on top.
Bon appétit! The above are just a few recipes you can try at home when you feel like getting creative in the kitchen.