The world of men products is constantly developing and improving and you have a wide offer of hair products to choose from. You also need to think about the best hairstyle that goes with your beard and this can be a challenge. The industry of men products includes products for beard, hair, and shaving and it has the potential of becoming an important and worthy one in a few years.
However, because it is so well developed, there are lots of products on the market and choosing the right one for your hairstyle can be a real challenge. Here is a seven-step guide that will help you identify and choose the right hair styling product for you.
1. Assess Your Hair Type
Men have mostly four hair types: straight, wavy, coiled and kinky. This is an important factor when you choose your hair styling product.
- Straight hair is the one that is not growing curved. If you have a hard time appreciating if your hair is straight or not, think about the hair of celebrities such as Justin Bieber or Brad Pitt.
- Wavy hair got its name after how the hair looks. When it grows, it is slightly curved and it looks like sea waves
- Coiled hair is different from wavy hair because it has a coil shape. Most people would say that this is curly hair
- Kinky hair is the most curled hair of all. You will mostly see it at black males and it is the easiest to identify
2. Think About Your Hair Density
Michael Freeman, writer at an essay writing service uk and resume services has some suggestions. Knowing your hair density is important when choosing the right hair styling product. Why? Because these hair products make the difference between a good look and a failed hairstyle.
As you probably already know, your hair can be thick or thin. There are hair products custom for hair density. So, if you can see your scalp through your hair, it means that your hair is thin. If you can barely see your scalp, it means that your hair is thick.
Products such as sprays or creams are best suited for thin hair, while products such as wax or pomade are best for thick hair. Usually, kinky and coiled hair is thick, while wavy and straight are thin. But, of course, there can be exceptions.
3. Think About the Hairstyle You Want
According to assignment help, a paper service, the hairstyle you want will tell you what type of product you should choose. Besides knowing your hair type and hair density, you should also know how you want it to look in the end.
For example, if you have short hair and you want a spiky or textured hairstyle, you should choose light products. Look for matte finish products for a casual hairstyle. On the other hand, if you want a classy hairstyle, you should choose gel or pomades because they give a special shine to your hair.
These products are specially designed according to hair types and some of them give you a really natural shine.
4. The Length of Your Hair
There are hair products that have different compositions and that can be separated into two categories: products for short hair and products for medium or long hair. For example:
- Sea salt spray is one of the newest products for men’s hairstyles and it is specially designed for medium or long hair. It gives your hair volume, shine and a nice texture
- Wax is usually a universal hairstyle product, although cosmetics companies have started to develop short hair wax. The universal wax is harder to apply to short hair
5. How Do You Keep the Hairstyle for a Few Hours?
This is an important detail to think about. In some days the weather conditions might be harsher than usual, so you need to use some products to keep your hairstyle still and make it resistant to wind.
There are specific products for every hair type, although they are mostly universal. Think about what you want. If you want to be able to still move your hair, you should use wax or pomade. If you want your hair to stand still, you should use gel or hairspray.
6. Know the Products
The sixth step in choosing the right hair styling product for you is about hair products. The industry is developing and more and more hair products for men are invented. Each of them has a superpower. They can make your hair stand still and shine, they can make it flexible and matte or they can make it healthier.
Besides classical products such as shampoo and conditioner, there are lots of products you can choose from:
- Pomade can be oil or water-based and it gives your hair a nice shine and it keeps your hair flexible so you can restyle it during the day
- Wax is known to revive the hair while also giving it a shine and making it firm
- The gel is a convenient hair styling product. Some gels give you a temporary color, they make your hair more controllable and gels that are nutritive
- Hair Cream is one of the most versatile hair styling products because it gives you a balance between shine and hair separation
- If you want to get trendy wave hair, you can use a good wave brush based on demanded brand.
7. Think About Your Budget
There are hair styling products for every hair type, hair density and hairstyle you would think of. Your budget is an important step in choosing the best products, so you should think about how much money you want to spend.
According to an essay writing paper, salon products are not always the best. There are supermarket brands that exceed salon products in quality, but you need to try them to decide which one is the best for you. Having a wide offer might be rather a challenge than an easy choice. You can also ask your hairstylist or barber for recommendations, so you will find the right product easier.
To wrap things up, there are some details you should consider when choosing the right hair styling product. Think about your hair type, hair density, and length to narrow a little bit the offer.
Inform about the benefits of certain products and think about your final hair look. Your budget is an important part of this process, but it is better to go with the hair product that works the best for your hair.
Author Bio: Scott Mathews is a freelance writer at UK assignment help. He is also an editor at essay writing service usa and dissertation service. People can buy custom essay or college paper written by Scott on a wide variety of topics such as economy, history, artificial intelligence and marketing. Scott’s hobbies are hiking, playing the guitar and photography.