Everyone wants to spruce up their style for the summer, here are some ways you can breathe fresh life into your facial hair and make your beard work for you:
1. Add braids like children do on holidays. Don’t forget to use multi-coloured threads and add bright beads.
2. Wax/gel your beard into fun shapes, like topiary. Be careful that your new spikes don’t impale anyone shorter than you.
3. Dye your beard to match your hair, or vice versa. It could make you famous.
4. Fully dread your beard. Readers have insisted that they don’t but we all know it only takes one brave gentleman to start a trend.
5. Thread flowers through your beard. If you’re at a festival or keen to go organic, use real daisy chains. If you’re in a rush, buy a flower crown and adapt. This will also make you a very popular guest at any children’s parties you happen to be attending this summer.
6. Accessorise your beard with cute butterfly clips or slides. If you’re a bit hesitant to stop conforming to the gender binary, head over to somewhere like Etsy to buy (handmade, ethically produced) beard beads or clips in the style of various Vikings/Lord of the Rings characters.
7. Just incorporate some plaits into your beard and maybe your hair if it’s long enough. If you’ve gone for beard jewellery, I can guarantee this will look extra cool. Or you’ll look like this guy, at any rate.